Sunday, September 25, 2005

ACL Update Sunday- Part 1

Today was going to be a challenge. We knew going in that it was going to be hot. I don’t think we thought it would get to… 107 degrees. And it felt every bit like it. There was no wind most of the day and not a cloud in the sky for relief. What a scorcher. I had decided that I was not going to try and do battle down in the pits today. So, most of the pictures did not turn out that great. The other thing we weren’t prepared for was the dust. Although this is the same field as every other year, the wind from the previous days and then the heat today caused dust clouds to raise and stay afloat throughout the day. If I can figure out why Blogger isn’t uploading my pictures, I’ll pass on an amazing picture I got of the dust. Lots of people were wearing surgical masks or bandanas over their mouths. Every exposed inch of my body had dirt on it. I’m surprise the drain didn’t clog when I finally get my shower tonight. But as always, I’m getting ahead of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home