Sunday, September 25, 2005

ACL Update Saturday - Part 4

By the time Death Cab for Cutie came on stage, all the kids (okay, many were of drinking age, but that was about the oldest around us) were crowded in pretty tight. I had been on my feet a long time and this was going to be a painful show. But, Death Cab delivered a solid performance and that helped minimize the pain. Unfortunately, the vocals were too low in the mix. The audience made up for that by singing along with many of the songs. I have only listened to their latest CD, but this show makes me want to go back and check out the older stuff. One of the things that struck me most about them was there unassuming attitude on stage. They were just regular guys who were somehow suddenly famous. Their following is a bit strange. A young guy who was no were near 18 yelled out, “I love you”, to the lead singer. Not too much later another guy yelled “I want to have your baby”. I’m not sure how he was planning to do that, but I got a good laugh out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home