Sunday, September 25, 2005

ACL Update Saturday - Part 3

We all split up and I decided to check out Built to Spill so that I could have a good spot for Death Cab for Cutie. I ended up right up front, and was probably the oldest person there. Not generally a problem for me, but the older crowds that are up front are a bit more fun for me to hang around. I did meet up again with a brother and sister who had been living in their car for a few months as they traveled around the southwest. Nice people with their heads on very straight. We had a few minor problems with the kids around us, and it was nice to have someone I could actually talk to near by.

Built to Spill is an interesting band. They have three guitars and push a mid-tempo rock attack. The leader of the group at times sounded like Neil Young, but that may have just been the sound system. Overall I liked their style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home