Sunday, October 05, 2008

ACL 2008 Final post

Traditions come and go. Over the last 7 years we created quite a few traditions in Austin; maybe too many. And so this year, many of them fell by the wayside. I didn't get a picture of our favorite photographer (well I did but it's not a good one). I believe she gets to see the shows she wants and I did see her parked in front of the Swell Season stage for most of the show. So she still has good taste. :-) Also, the butt of the year did not happen this year. Maybe we'll resurrect it next year. Jerry, our waiter for the last 6 years at the Hyatt is gone. And so, for the first time in 7 years we did not eat at the Hyatt and I did not get my special coffee (which if I never mentioned, contained just a bit of Baileys in it). Because we didn't go to the Hyatt, we didn't pass by Stevie Ray and tip our hats. Another long standing tradition gone. But a new tradition, Sunday night margaritas and Mexican food at the new Chuy's near Linda and Deb's house is sure to continue. Wow, those margaritas were good, or we were just so tired... And I haven't laughed that hard since... since I saw the Richard Simmons on "Who's Line is it Anyway" video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZuV0xce3A&feature=related . As always, there are thank you's. Thank you Deb and Linda for your hospitality. Thanks to everyone who has commented on or off blog. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to read and look at the pictures and videos. And a big thank you to the people of Austin who sure know how to make a visitor feel welcome. I've already got my ticket for next year. So until then, keep enjoying the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home