Monday, September 18, 2006

Final Words on ACL

There are always leftovers...

Stacey, great meeting you. I wish we would have had more time to chat. Hope you'll come back next year.

Linda, thank you so much for letting me stay with you. What a beautiful house you have. And thanks for the free taxi service to the airport. :-)

Deb, you ready for your first non-winter?

ACL - If it is all about the money, which some people in Austin say, then I don't know how much longer I will attend. They raised all but one of the stages to festival hight. We used to be able to lean on a couple of the stages. Now they all have fences. This may have been the lowest total for Austin preformers this year and that includes the Greencards who don't live in Austin anymore.

Austin, other than your jocks, I love you. You are one of my favorite cities. I love your music. I love your people. I love your politics. I love your weather. Okay, I'm kidding about the last one.

Any and all mistakes can be blamed on a lack of sleep. My bad. :-)

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Bruce,

I'm glad I somehow found you on the open highways and byways of the internet. It was you, after all, that enticed me to attend ACL. I can't tell you how many folks looked at Theresa and I in utter disbelief when we told them we were from Pittsburgh, PA. Priceless! The weather was um ... FREAKING HOT ... for us northern gals that left 57 degrees on Thursday morning. We saw some great bands and had a great time. Maybe Bonnaroo next year, pal. Or maybe it's like childbirth and we'll have forgotten all about the hellacious heat by next year. :) Thanks for meeting up. Sorry it was so abbreviated and I felt so crappola. Great posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home